Behaviour & Rewards
Our mission is that we will support and inspire all students to develop the respect, resilience, skills and understanding to become independent learners and caring, responsible citizens. We seek to reward and celebrate our values at every opportunity.
We recognise the motivational effect of rewarding students who do the right things. We actively look for the good in people and put this at the centre of our culture, because rewarded students are happy and motivated to take risks in their learning. Happy and motivated students perform better in the classroom and have a greater degree of responsibility for their learning. Rewards make our academy a productive and purposeful community in which to learn and teach.
Student Shout Out
Student Leader Programme
Runner Up and Star of the Week
Phone Call / Letter Home
Private Music Lessons
Classrooms will be positive and rich in praise. When a student is displaying desired behaviours and achieving high standards in their work they will receive verbal praise, class certificates, praise postcards and reward points.
We always look to reward and celebrate with students who are making a positive contribution towards developing Academy values. This includes:
- Showing respectful behaviour to others
- Resolving conflict and recognising difference
- Telling the truth
- Demonstrating a kind and caring attitude to others
- Excellent effort, work, behaviour and progress
- Improved effort, behaviour and progress
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Improved attendance and punctuality
- Good standard of uniform
- Contribution to the academy or wider community
- Effort in improving their reading
- After school club and revision attendance
We would like to reward out students for working hard and striving to exceed our expectations. To this end, we have developed a reward system involving an in-house currency.’ Media Money’ will be awarded to students who collect Achievement points throughout the term. ‘Media Money’ may be spent on:
- The Year 11 Prom
- Outdoor Adventures - Duke of Edinburgh
- Shopping vouchers
- Restaurant Visits
- Cinema Visits
- Theatre Visits
- Early Break / Lunch
Staff continue to send Praise Postcards, make telephone calls and write letters to reward students.